This Vitamin Profile Cover these tests:
- Folic Acid
- Thyroid Stimulating Harmone [TSH]
- Vitamin B-12
- 25-OH Vitamin D Total
Package Summary :
Vitamins are essential for body as they influence bone strength and iron deficiency. Vitamin Profile Checkup by Thyrocare checks for essential vitamins in the body and related implications.
Why is this test important :
This package has tests to check for :
– Vitamin B12 and folic acid, which helps the body make blood cells and maintain a healthy nervous system
– Vitamin D and Calcium, that help in keeping bones healthy. A shortage of these elements causes the bone-strength disorder called osteoporosis.
– Low levels of Vitamin D can also impact other areas like type 1 diabetes, muscle pain, cancers of some organs, blood pressure, heart attacks, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and multiple sclerosis (MS).
– Thyroid performance which is related to several body functions
These tests requires 8-10 hours of fasting (except water). The lab technician will collect blood sample from the patient. This will be processed in a lab and the report provided usually within 24 hours.
Who should take this test :
All adults should take this test (or equivalent) at least once an year. It is very important for middle-aged to senior citizens, who may start developing weak bones and joint pain.