How Your Morning Routine Should Be?
Morning routine is one of the most popular topics of discussion. Everyone might have heard about an endless number of things to do in the morning. But is there a way that you can properly follow? Honestly speaking, crafting a morning routine is a very personal thing. It totally depends on the person. You could be the one who wakes up at 5 am and goes for jogging, you could be the one who searches for newspaper as soon as you wake up and stick to it for like 3 hours straight, or you could be the one who sips three double espressos on bed and then decide if you need to take a shower today or not.
Right? But, your morning routine should change according to the time and requirement. If something isn’t working then replace it, don’t just stick to it because other people are doing the same. Everyone operates differently and your morning routine should be according to the type of personality. According to psychologists, if you perform an activity for like 21 days, it turns down to become your habit.
Here are 7 things that you should include in your morning routine, that can prove to be beneficial in the long run –
1. Get out of the bed immediately
Well, this one is so true. Often people spend 45-50 minutes sitting in bed after they wake up. What do you do? The answer for everyone might be the same, i.e., scrolling through social media, posting morning selfies, or liking other people’s morning selfies, replying to good morning texts, etc.
This is a big no! Get out of your bed immediately. This will not only save your time but will also make your day productive.
2. Drinking a glass of water
By including a glass of water in your morning routine, you can build a protective shield against many kinds of diseases. It can help in increasing the body’s efficiency to fight against infections. Drinking water should be the first thing in the morning, as it helps in rehydrating your body after a long 7-8 hours of sleep, and also flushes out the toxins from the body. It is really very important for the proper functioning of internal organs.
3. Have shower daily
People who love shower will tell you that there is no better way to start your morning than having a good shower. Try not to skip the morning shower. It helps in refreshing your body and helps you to stay active throughout the day. If you’re having a stressful week, taking a morning shower might help you be innovative under pressure. You should try to keep the temperature of the water mild. A hot and steamy shower might feel good, but it is not at all good for your skin as it will dry out your skin, especially if you have got sensitive skin.
4. Have a proper and healthy breakfast.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Don’t ever skip your breakfast, no matter what. It is said that we should have a heavy breakfast and a light dinner. A healthy breakfast helps you to refuel your body and kick start a perfect day. Here’s the core of a healthy breakfast:
- Whole grains: Examples include whole-grain rolls and bagels, hot or cold whole-grain cereals, whole-grain English muffins, and whole-grain waffles.
- Lean protein: For instance eggs, lean meat, legumes and nuts.
- Low-fat dairy: Include milk, plain or lower sugar yogurts, and low-fat cheeses, such as cottage cheese and natural cheeses.
- Fruits and vegetables. Examples include fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables, 100 percent juice drinks without added sugar, and fruit and vegetable smoothies.
Also Read: Healthy Breakfasts For Busy Mornings
5. Listen to music
You might have heard that music is the best therapy. Listening to good music not only refreshes your soul but provides the motivation that helps you to kick start your day. Moreover, scientists found that listening to music you naturally enjoy as your brain releases dopamine, which feels good but decreases focus. According to Greenberg, there are three things you should look for in songs to help you wake up in the morning.
- They should be songs that build. Songs that start gently, even if it’s for a few seconds — as opposed to songs which start too vigorously — help you wake up gradually.
- They should be positive. Greenberg says positive lyrics help get you “out of a grumpy state and shift towards a feel-good attitude.” They help you become motivated for the day ahead.
- They should have strong beats. According to the study, songs that emphasize beats two and four of a measure with a beat per minute of 100-130 will help put you in a good mood.
We all have heard about morning meditation. But how many of us really do that? Or do we really need to meditate in the morning? Is it worth it to spend 30-45 minutes every day meditating? We all are so busy in our life that we hardly get any time for ourselves. With schedules like that, no wonder that the American Psychological Association reports that nearly all adult Americans are suffering from moderate to high stress. We’re overwhelmed, and that is what most of us struggle to cope up with. So what we can do? The answer is, MEDITATE. Few benefits of meditation include:
- Meditation helps in relieving stress.
- It increases the concentration power and helps in focusing
- It gives an overall sense of well-being.
Also Read: Meditation Offers Significant Heart Benefits
7. Follow a proper skincare routine
It is very important to follow a proper skincare routine in the morning. Just like meditation refreshes your soul a proper skincare routine refreshes your skin and helps in boosting your confidence.
Follow CTM every morning which means C – Cleansing, T – Toning and M – Moisturizing
Also, you should exfoliate your skin twice a week, as it helps in removing the dead layer and other impurities on the skin. Include these things in your morning routine and you can see a drastic change in your life. Stay safe, stay healthy!