When it comes to weight loss, we look for simpler ways like weight loss capsules, drinks or diets. Some people hate going to the gym while others find it an expensive matter. Meanwhile, some people are too busy or lazy to engage in physical exercises.
Exercises are an important aspect of losing weight, you can’t ignore the importance of physical movements because not only do they help reduce weight but also regulates the blood flow in your body and keeps you active throughout the day. It would be simple and easy if you can do some small exercises at your home which are effective and not so time-consuming.
Here we list down 8 effective exercises that will help you in your weight loss journey-
One of the most effective, it is a strength exercise that focuses on the core and the lower body. Whether you want to lose your weight or build up muscles, squats, when done correctly, can help you in both. It burns fat from your thighs and glutes and tones up your body.
- Start with feet hip-width apart, place your arms at sides or hold weights, now begin lowering your legs and raising your arms in front of you.
- Keep your back straight, lower until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Always keep your knees in line with your toes.
- Maintain an even pace and then get back to the normal position, repeat 3 sets of 15 reps each.
If you like dancing and hate the gym, this is the perfect exercise for you.it is all about loosening up and burning your calories. Also, it helps relieve stress, increase energy and improve strength. Zumba involves vigorous exercises and high-intensity movements, which will shred your weight fast by keeping up your energy levels.
Exercising while having fun is its motto, and the music, of course, has a great effect on your mind (because you enjoy it). This aerobic exercise has a lot of hip and midsection movements too. To be precise it will sculpt your body while you enjoy it!
3. Jump rope
Do you remember doing this in your childhood, a very fun activity indeed. This is a total body toner made for weight loss. Jumping ropes can reduce fat from your thighs, arms, and stomach.
It also has some great effects on your mind. It is considered to be one of the best cardio and high-intensity interval training workouts. You can also play some music in the background for fun!
Suggested Read: Walking Vs Jogging Vs Skipping : Calorie Burn Guide
Easy as it sounds, difficult it is to do but one of the most effective exercises to lose weight. Plank is an isometric strength exercise that involves maintaining a position for the maximum possible time.
- Kneel on a mat and place your palms on the ground in line with your shoulder.
- Stretch your legs back one at a time to come into a plank position and engage your abdominal muscles.
- Your body should be long and straight just like when you do push-ups.
- Hold it as long as you can, then come back to the initial position, on your fours.
- Gradually increase the time of holding up the position.
Swim at a moderate pace for 30 minutes, four times a week and you lose more than a pound in a month. These workouts burn fat, trims inches, and helps you get stronger, fitter and healthier. Swimming vigorously can burn up to 500-700 calories per hour.
Whether you do breaststroke or freestyle, swimming in every way can tone up your muscles and help burn that extra fat from your body. It engages all the major muscle groups in the body and also helps to relax.
Toning up your stomach is a great deal, you need to lose a lot of belly fat for it. Crunches can help you do this, but you need to pair it up with other exercises and stick to a healthy diet. This exercise simply strengthens your abdominal muscles, but with a healthy, low calories diet you can lose a lot of weight too.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent; place your hands behind your head.
- Lift your shoulders off the floor and curl your leg towards your ribcage; simultaneously.
- Slowly, return to the actual position. Repeat it.
Suggested Read: Top 8 Workouts At Home To Get Leaner
7. Kettlebell swings
This exercise is highly effective if you are looking for something that has a low impact yet high intensity. A great way to burn calories, kettlebell swings engages the entire body.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Grasp kettlebell with both hands in front of you.
- Engage core and slightly squat. Press hips forward as you stand and swing the kettlebell upward. Lower arms and return to the slight squat position for 1 rep. do 3 sets of 15 swings.
Strengthening legs and buttocks is what lunges do. They target the large muscle group of your lower body, which boosts your metabolism and helps you lose weight much faster. After removing the excess fat they start strengthening your lower body.
- Stand straight with feet hip-width apart. Place hands on your hips. Take a controlled step forward with your right leg.
- Keep your back straight and lower your body until your front leg and back leg form a 90-degree angle.
- Pause, and now get back to the initial position.
- Now repeat the same with your left leg. Repeat 10 times and do 3 sets.
A low-calorie diet followed by the above exercises can do wonders. Losing weight by methods that involve no physical exercises are not so effective and also will affect your body negatively over time. The body needs to engage in some physical activities and that is the basic requirement to be healthy and fit. So just take out some time from your busy schedule and include some of the above exercises in your daily routine, you’ll see the magic very soon!
Suggested Read: Have You Tried Intermittent Fasting? Know Its Benefits & Side Effects On Health