Tired of using different facial cosmetics or everything available in the market for oily skin!!! Are you annoyed by your oily skin? Is summer already taking its toll on you? Summer is upon us, and along with the unforgiving sun, comes a wide array of dermatological issues. The most common amongst these are oily hair and skin problems. But how you will treat your oily skin at home with natural ingredients? Oily skin and acne are challenging to manage.
So today, in our health blog we will discuss some reasons for oily skin, problems associated with oily skin, and home remedies you can use to treat your oily skin.
Reason For Oily Skin
1) Oily skin is the result of the overproduction of sebum from sebaceous glands. These glands are located under the skin’s surface.
2) Hormonal imbalance in puberty is the main reason behind the oily skin mostly common in teenagers. The oil secretion in skin increases during teenage and decreases as age increases.
3) Hormonal imbalance may also begin during pregnancy and menopause, which lead to increase secretion of oil from oil glands of the skin.
4) Excessive use of cosmetics also leads to an increase in oil secretion.
5) Humidity and warm weather generally increase oil excretion from oil glands of the skin. The reason is during this weather the oil-producing glands of the skin are overactive and produce more oil.
Problem Related With Oily Skin
The excess oil, which flows out gives the skin a greasy shine and the enlarged pores make the skin look rough.
- Increased pores.
- Acne and pimples.
- Rough skin or patches on the skin.
- More Oily skin and scalp
- Risks of fungal infections increases.
- Darkness of the skin due to excess oil.
- More prone to moist inflammation.
Here we are listing some natural ingredients which are beneficial for oily skin and these ingredients are readily available at home. These are effective and you don’t have to take extra time out of your busy schedule.
Using milk to get rid of oily skin is an excellent home remedy. The healing properties of milk will take care of your oily skin problems. It makes oily skin soft and flexible. Just dip a cotton ball in milk and clean your face two times a day. If you feel you need a little extra cleansing, add a few drops of lemon juice to the cotton ball. Milk contains alpha-hydroxy acid which exfoliates the skin very gently and helps in maintaining the PH value of the skin.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is that plant which can cure almost any dermatological problem. They are readily available in market oy you can grow it at home, as it has anti-inflammatory properties thus it is used for soothing burns and oily skin such as it helps in treating peeling skin caused by oily patches. You can apply a thin layer to your face before bedtime and leave it on until morning.
Aloe vera is known to cause an allergic reaction on sensitive skin. Or before bathing apply aloe vera gel on your face and hair, and keep it for a few minutes until it is dry. Then, wash off. This can be the best natural face wash for oily skin. If you have not used aloe vera before, test a small amount on your forearm to check allergic reaction on skin.
Also Read: 7 Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera Juice
3. Egg White with Lemon
Using Egg whites with lemon is a traditional remedy for oily skin as well as oily scalp. Both these elements are helpful in tightening of pores. The acid found in lemon helps in absorbing excessive oil from the skin. It also contains antibacterial properties which are good for hair health.
However, this remedy is not a good choice for people those who have allergy from eggs. Only you have to do is that mix juice of 2 lemons with two eggs. Spread this paste onto your scalp and do massage lightly and keep it about a half-hour and then wash off completely. For oily skin, mix egg white and lemon juice and make a face mask. Apply it to your face and leave it till the mask dries. Remove with warm water.
Cucumber is a natural element which helps in maintaining skin health especially when you have oily skin. It is rich in Vitamin A, E, potassium and minerals which are beneficial for cleaning of the skin and making it softer.
All you have to do is cut the cucumber in round pieces and gently rub on your face and leave it for right. You can also grate a cucumber and apply its juice on your face and neck. Let it sit on your face till it dries. After it does, you can simply rinse it off. This will surely treat your oily skin.
Neem leaves are the most traditional and natural remedy for treating pimples. Apply neem paste (Rosewater) on the affected area, leave it on until dry, rinse with water and pat dry. Make neem leaf paste by boiling and crushing 10 Tender leaves. Boil Neem leaves in water and allows the mixture to cool. You can apply this on both your face and scalp.
It doesn’t require to be washed off; if you feel it’s too strong on your skin, wipe away with lukewarm water. One of the wonderful tips for oily skin and scalp! mix neem leaves juice with cornflour in equal proportion. Add little water to make it thin. Apply this pack on oily skin and wash it off with cold water when it dries.
Also Read: 5+ Skin Benefits Of Neem
Oily skin and large pores can be treated by using tomatoes and the reason is that it contains salicylic acid. This acids in tomatoes absorb excess oil from the skin and unclog pores. All you need to do is make a juice by crushing a tomato then add cucumber juice in it and apply on your face.
Or take a slice of tomato and start rubbing it on your face in a circular motion for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. As tomatoes are highly rich in Vitamin C that can be, which is helpful for acne-prone skin. It cooling, purifying and astringent properties make it best home remedy for oily skin.
Honey has moisturising, antibacterial and antiseptic properties due to which it is used as one of the natural remedies for oily skin. It helps in clearing pores, prevents the generation of wrinkles and provides benefit to oily and acne-prone skin. Due to its natural moisturizing property, it helps keep the skin moist but not oily as it extracts moisture from the skin without replacing it. To use honey to treat acne and oily skin spread a thin layer of it on your face. Let it dries for about 10 minutes, and rinse fully with lukewarm water. You can also mix mashed banana(ripped one) to get glowing skin.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice For People With Oily Skin
1) Avoid eating spicy, oily and sour foods
2) Eat more of fresh Fruits and Vegetables, unprocessed food and avoid fast food.
3) Increase the use of herbs that have cooling effects on the body like Fennel, Black Grapes, Indian gooseberry (Amla), Giloy/Guduchi and Aloe vera
4) Increase the intake of water to about 8-10 glasses per day
5) Manage Constipation well with Triphala Tablets or Isabgol or Kayam Tablets.
6) Wash your face frequently with Soap Free Herbal Face washes which contains Aloe Vera, Sandalwood, Turmeric.
7) Avoid the use of irritant and expired cosmetics.
8) Do not pinch the pimple/acne pore.
9) Wash skin with plenty of warm water 2-3 times in a day and use a mild soap or herbal scrub to prevent clogging of pores.
10) Avoid using harsh chemicals to remove oil, as some amount of natural oil is needed to maintain the texture of the skin.
11) Avoid too much washing of skin as it leads to overproduction of oil to compensate for the loss.