NO OIL BRINJAL CHUTNEY
Oil is one of culprit for over weight and obesity. We Indians tend to use oil lavishly in all preparations. But certain conditions like heart disease, weight loss, dyslipedimia, diabetes requires oil control. Here is one chutney recipe without the use of oil. Its rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and low on calories and NO FATS. Try it out.
- Brinjal – 5 Nos.
- Tomato -5 Nos.
- Onion – 1 No.
- Hing – ¼ Tsp
- Red Chillies – 3-4 Nos.
- Curry Leaves – A Handful
- Coriander Leaves – A Handful
- Salt – To Taste
- Wash and cut all the vegetables and put them into a pressure cooker.
- Add red chillies, hing and salt to the above vegetables.
- Add 100ml water and pressure cook. Allow 3 whistles.
- Cool it, grind (use inching) in mixie.
- Chutney is ready. Reheat if you want to.
- Serve with idli, dosa, venpongal and phulkas.
Uma Maheshwari PS
Dietitian, Happy Living Diet Clinic