CLOVES – THE WONDERFUL SPICE CAN BE HELPFUL TO TREAT MANY DISORDERS.
Cloves look small in appearance, but the benefits are equally significant. Usually, people think that Cloves are used in the kitchen as spices, but apart from the kitchen, it is used as an essential medicine in Ayurveda. By taking one clove daily, people can prevent themselves from various infection and diseases. Disorders like bad breath, nausea, bleeding gums, cough and cold, bloating, mouth ulcer, digestive problems, aching tooth, headaches any many liver and bones problem can be cured by taking Cloves. So here we will discuss in brief about disorders which can be treated by Cloves.
Overview of Cloves
The word ‘clove’ comes from the Latin word ‘clavus’ means nail. Cloves are nail-shaped small flower buds of the cloves tree. Cloves are commonly used as spices and available throughout the year like other spices. The little cloves flower buds are picked up by hand when they are pink and dried until they become brown. Cloves provide a unique, warm and sweet smell during cooking.
Apart from the culinary uses of cloves, it contains essential nutrients. Cloves are a good source of potassium, sodium, phosphorous, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, vitamin C, omega-3 fatty acids, and dietary fibre.
12 Mindblowing Health Benefits Of Eating Cloves
- EFFECTIVE FOR RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS: With the change in season, many people face cough and cold problems, either a viral infection or asthma attacks. Cloves have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. By taking cloves, it is practical to treat all these problems.
Lukewarm water or tea with cloves can be made while suffering from a respiratory disorder. Chewing cloves daily in this changing season can also prevent mucus and dry cough.
- PREVENT BAD BREATH: Many people nowadays are suffering from bad breath problem. The cause of bad breath is mainly due to food particles around your teeth, which increase bacteria, tobacco products, poor dental hygiene, chronic dry mouth, infections in your mouth.
Cloves have natural antiseptic power, which helps in decreasing bacterial activity in our mouth and provides an aromatic flavour to reduce bad breath.
- RELIEVE NAUSEA AND VOMITING: Mostly, pregnant women face nausea and voting in their starting months. Long-distance travelling causes exsertion due to they suffer from vomiting. Such people while travelling should chew clove; this will reduce nausea.
Cloves and clove oil together can treat nausea and vomiting due to its soothing and aromatic property. Mainly it is an excellent remedy for morning sickness during pregnancy.
- IMPROVE DIGESTION: People in India mostly have upset stomach and stomach disturbances like gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, and heartburn can all be signs of an unhealthy gut, unintentional weight change, sleep disturbances or constant fatigue, autoimmune conditions, food intolerances.
Cloves improve digestion power by preventing gas formation or flatulence. It can increase the activity of digestive enzymes, and thereby, the digestion process is improved. The essential oil of cloves called eugenol is useful for a healthy stomach and can also improve liver health.
- REDUCE TOOTHACHE: Overeating of sweet dishes or consuming excessive chocolates cause toothache. Regular Sinus also causes pain.
Cloves provide analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects to reduce toothache by fighting against bacteria and reducing the swelling portion around the infected tooth. For this cloves are used as an ingredient in toothpaste.
- PREVENT CANCER: Cancer develops when the body’s standard control mechanism stops working. Old cells do not die and instead grow out of control, forming new, abnormal cells. These extra cells may build a mass of tissue, called a tumour.
Clove oil has high antioxidant property. Cloves are a good source of vitamin C and E, which are the natural antioxidant. Due to this property, it can neutralise free radicals, reduce oxidative stress and thereby may help to prevent cancer.
- REGULATE BLOOD SUGAR: The right amount of blood sugar gives the body’s cells and organs energy. Too much blood sugar is known as hyperglycemia.
Eating too many processed foods may cause your blood sugar to rise. Some studies reveal that an extract of clove can help to control blood sugar in the diabetic patient
- USEFUL FOR ANAL FISSURE: Anal fissures are caused by trauma to the anus and anal canal. The cause of the injury usually is a bowel movement, and many people can remember the exact bowel movement during which their pain began.
Studies shows, a patient suffering from anal fissure get relief from pain and healing effects when you apply cream of clove oil
- RELIEVE JOINT PAIN: It is often seen that people of more than 50 age have a problem while sitting and standing up. In medical language, we call it Arthritis.
Arthritis can be cured by using clove oil at joints. Cloves help to maintain bone health due to its content of calcium and omega-3 fatty acid and provides relief from joint pain, arthritis pain
- REDUCE HEADACHE AND STRESS: Continuously working for many hrs may cause stress and headaches. This can be reduced by having clove tea.
Cloves with lukewarm water or tea can reduce a problem in a migraine, sinusitis, and it also offers relief to our body from anxiety and stress.
- TREAT SKIN PROBLEMS: Due to an increase in global warming, sunrays affecting skin cells of the human body directly.
Clove oil improves the skin due to its antimicrobial properties — skin problems like pimples, scars, blackheads, whiteheads and scaly skins. Even blemishes and patches can also be found due to acne. The application can treat it from clove oil.
- PREVENT HAIR PROBLEMS: Cloves are used to improve the condition of hair while conditioning and thickening hair. Clove and clove oil are also used to prevent hair loss.
So you have seen mindblowing advantages of cloves. We can only say that your health is in your hands. Clove is a fragrant spice that can add flavour to many dishes.