THYROID Profile, includes these tests:
- ANTI MICROSOMAL ANTIBODY (AMA)
- FREE TRIIODOTHYRONINE (FT3)
- FREE THYROXINE (FT4)
- TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE (T3)
- TOTAL THYROXINE (T4)
- THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH)
- ANTI THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY (ATG)
Pro Thyroid Profile by Thyrocare checks the various parameters of the Thyroid gland, which is related to several bodily functions like brain, growth, metabolism, tissue function, thyroid function, weight gain, fatigue, immune system, breathing, heart rate etc. Hence it is critical to determine if the thyroid gland is functioning properly and all its hormones are at normal levels.
Why is this test important :
This package has tests to check for :
– Various thyroid hormones and whether they are at normal levels
– Over-active thyroid (hyperthyroidism) or under-active thyroid (hypothyroidism)
– Detect and diagnose how thyroid effects other bodily functions
The lab technician will collect blood sample from the patient. This will be processed in a lab and the report provided usually within 24 hours.
This test can be done at any time of the day, without the need for fasting.
Who should take this test :
All adults should take this test (or equivalent) at least once an year.