LIVER Function Test:
- Serum Albumin/Globulin Ratio
- Alkaline Phosphatase
- Bilirubin -Direct
- Bilirubin (Indirect)
- Bilirubin – Total
- Gamma Glutamyl Transferase (Ggt)
- Protein – Total
- Albumin – Serum
- Serum Globulin
- Aspartate Aminotransferase (Sgot)
- Alanine Transaminase (Sgpt)
PACKAGE SUMMARY :
Liver is an essential organ responsible for filtering the blood coming from the digestive tract, before the blood gets released for rest of the body. Liver cleans the body chemicals and metabolizes drugs. The Liver Function Test from Thyrocare is a blood test, which checks for normal liver functioning and to diagnose liver problems.
Why is this test important :
This package has tests to check for :
– Various enzymes and proteins which are connected to a healthy liver function
– Help detect liver problems and associated diseases like Hepatitis, Cirrhosis, Liver Cancer, Liver failure, Liver gallstones etc.
These tests requires 10-12 hours of fasting (except water). The lab technician will collect blood sample from the patient. This will be processed in a lab and the report provided usually within 24 hours.
Alcohol and certain medications may be avoided before this test.
Who should take this test :
All adults should take this test (or equivalent) at least once an year.