CLOVES – THE WONDERFUL SPICE CAN BE HELPFUL TO TREAT MANY DISORDERS
CLOVES – THE WONDERFUL SPICE CAN BE HELPFUL TO TREAT MANY DISORDERS.
The word ‘clove’ comes from a Latin word ‘clavus’ means nail. Cloves are nail-shaped small flower buds of the cloves tree. Cloves are commonly used as spices and available throughout the year like other spices. The small cloves flower buds are picked up by hand when they are pink and dried until they become brown in color. Cloves provide a unique, warm and sweet smell during cooking.
Apart from the culinary uses of cloves, it contains important nutrients. Cloves are a good source of potassium, sodium, phosphorous, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, vitamin C, omega-3 fatty acids, and dietary fiber. Cloves play important roles to protect us from many disorders which are as follows:
BENEFICIAL EFFECTS OF CLOVES:
- EFFECTIVE FOR RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS: Cloves has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is effective to treat common cold and cough, viral infection, sore throat. Lukewarm water or tea with cloves can be taken while suffering from a respiratory disorder. Chewing cloves can also prevent respiratory problems.
- PREVENT BAD BREATH: Cloves has natural antiseptic power. It can decrease the bacterial activity and provide an aromatic flavor to reduce bad breath.
- RELIEVE NAUSEA AND VOMITING: Cloves and clove oil together can treat nausea and vomiting due to its soothing and aromatic property. Especially it is a good remedy for morning sickness during pregnancy.
- IMPROVE DIGESTION: Cloves improve the digestion power by preventing gas formation or flatulence. It can increase the activity of digestive enzymes and thereby digestion process is improved. Essential oil of cloves called eugenol is useful for a healthy stomach and can also improve liver health.
- REDUCE TOOTHACHE: Cloves provide analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects to reduce a toothache by fighting against bacteria and reducing the swelling portion around the infected tooth. For this cloves are used as an ingredient in toothpaste.
- PREVENT CANCER: Clove oil has high antioxidant property. Cloves are a good source of vitamin C and E which are the natural antioxidant. Due to this property, it can neutralize free radicals, reduce oxidative stress and thereby may help to prevent cancer.
- REGULATE BLOOD SUGAR: Some studies reveal that extract of clove can help to control blood sugar in diabetic patient.
- USEFUL FOR ANAL FISSURE: Studies show that patient suffering from anal fissure get relief from pain and also get healing effects due to the application of cream of clove oil.
- RELIEVE JOINT PAIN: Cloves helps to maintain bone health due to its content of calcium and omega-3 fatty acid and thereby it provides relief from joint pain, arthritis pain.
- REDUCE HEADACHE AND STRESS: Cloves with lukewarm water or tea can reduce a headache in a migraine, sinusitis and it also offers relief to our body from anxiety and stress.
- TREAT SKIN PROBLEMS: Clove oil improves the skin due to its antimicrobial properties. Skin problem acne is characterized by pimples, scars, blackheads, whiteheads and scaly skins. Even blemishes and patches can also be found due to acne. It can be treated by the application of clove oil.
- PREVENT HAIR PROBLEMS: Cloves are used to improve the condition of hair while conditioning and thickening hair. Clove and clove oil are also used to prevent hair loss.