Recipe that supports Feeding Mother
There are certain food that can improve lactation. These food are called as galactogogues. When galactogogues are included in the daily meal of the feeding mother, it improves and supports milk production. One such galactogogue is Garlic. Here is a recipe made out of garlic.
Garlic pods (big) – 25 nos.
Tamarind – Lemon size
Coriander powder – 2 Tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 Tsp
Salt – To taste
Mustard – ½ Tsp
Gingelli Oil – 4 Tbsp
Asafoetida – A pinch
Fenugreek seeds – 1 Tsp
- Soak tamarind in water.
- Take the pulp out of soaked tamarind.
- Add coriander powder, chilli powder and salt to the tamarind paste.
- Take a pressure cooker, heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, and garlic pods.
- Once the garlic is golden brown, add the paste mix to it. Mix thoroughly.
- Add required quantity of water to make a thick curry.
- Pressure cook the curry ( 4 – 5 whistles).
- Serve hot garlic curry with rice or roti. See that the feeding mother consumes most of the garlic.
Uma Maheshwari PS
Dietitian, Happy Living Diet Clinic
+91 99000 46344