Psychological Benefits of Walking
We go for Walking for health benefit, but walking does gives immense psychological benefits. They are listed below.
- Walking relieves stress.
- Walking depresses tension and anxiety, thereby reduces mood swings.
- It boosts brain to energise the whole day. A recent study by a Southern California university professor shows that the more people walk each day, the more energetic they feel and the better their mood. We might think we spend more energy while walking, but actually we generate more energy after walking.
- Researchers say that walking, increases self-esteem.
- It also gives a sense of satisfaction and happiness.
- It reduces the feeling of hopelessness and helplessness and builds hope within you. Hence psychologists recommend walking for treating depression.
The more a person walks has a very real and immediate psychological effect that an individual can experience every day. Get up, get out, and get walking, your body will thank you and you will feel better!
Walk more…..Be happier…..Have higher self-esteem…….Indulge in healthy eating
Uma Maheshwari PS
Dietitian, Happy Living Diet Clinic