1. Jumping rope is known to burn around 1300 calories/hour (now that’s really high!). Therefore, it can basically be called an effective fat-melter.
2. Skipping exercise burns more calories in comparison to running. At the same time, it does not require you to go outdoors. It can be done anywhere.
3. It’s one of the most inexpensive exercise forms as you can buy a skipping rope for less than Rs 100.
4. Skipping helps in muscle toning as it is basically a bodyweight exercise.
5. It improves footwork, balance, coordination, and agility. Most of the runners and other athletes jump rope for training.
6. It is one of the best skipping rope exercises for endurance training and conditioning.
7. Skipping gives a full-body workout. It is especially great for toning and developing thighs, shins and calf muscles. Simultaneously, it also works on abs and arms.
8. It engages and improves the hip-flexor muscles.
9. Studies show that skipping exercises put lesser pressure and is less shocking for the joints than running. It is a low impact exercise than running and therefore a better option.
10. It improves cardiovascular health as it improves the heartbeat rate. It is beneficial for blood pressure patients.
11. Skipping can be done by anybody and everybody, from beginners to advanced level.