Cellulite is very common and widely complained about aesthetic conditions in women and sometimes men as well. The cure for the condition is still somewhat a mystery among many miracle creams that claim they work against cellulite. In this article we explore the diet related cures and treatment of cellulitis (the condition).
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is a skin condition that affects up to 98% of women. It involves multiple systems in the body—making it hard to treat—but on a basic level: It is caused by fibrous bands that connect muscles to skin. When fat deposits push against the skin, it causes a rippling or bulging effect since those fibrous bands are pulling the skin down in the dimpled areas. It gives the patient an appearance of an obese person although it is related to over-weightiness. It primarily appears in the thighs, buttocks, or stomach. Even though the condition has to do with fat cells, it is not only present in those who are overweight; you are also genetically predisposed to it.
FOODS THAT CAN HELP WITH CELLULITE
Cellulite is mostly subcutaneous fat within the fibrous connective tissue. Cellulite containing tissue shows nodularity and dumpling under the skin. The cellulite is generally formed in the pelvic region, abdomen, and lower limbs.
What Causes Cellulite?
- Lifestyle : The level of catecholamine increases due to high stress; it leads to the development of the cellulite.
- Genetic factors : In recent research, it has been found genetic material quiet responsible for cellulite.
- Dietary and lifestyle factor : Cellulite is liked with the toxin, but a healthy lifestyle may help to get rid of this problem. It has been found that people who eat salt, carbohydrate and too less fiber can lead to cellulite accumulation in the body.
Different Grades of Cellulitis
- Grade 1 or mild – There can be 1-4 shallow depression, it is slightly. It has a sagged somewhat and dropped appearance.
- Grade 2 or moderate – there is 5 and 9 medium depth depression. It generally has cottage cheese-like appearance.
- Grade 3 or severe – It has ten or more depression, it generally has a mattress like appearance.
Foods that help in getting rid of cellulite
1. Dark Berries
Blueberry and dark berry enhance the collagen production in our body. It also improves the skin tone and even texture. The dark berry contains a high amount of antioxidants, which helps to break the fat attached to the connective tissue. It helps to get rid of cellulite, and skin does not look lumpy.
2. Herbal Tea and Green Tea
Epigallocatechin gallate is present green tea, ginger tea and also dandelion tea which is an active ingredient. These ingredients help to speed up the metabolism and it also increases fat burn. It prevents the expansion of the fat cell, which causes cellulite. The caffeine along with the EGCG helps to flush out the toxins from our body and it also dehydrates fat, It also reduces fat cell pushing against the skin.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
The apple cider vinegar is mixed with salad and it can be consumed as a juice. The apple cider vinegar help to get rid of water retention around the stomach and thighs. The apple cider vinegar is essential to get rid of toxins and it also helps to flush out the stress hormone. The apple cider vinegar help to rebalance the estrogen production flush out the stress hormone and detoxify the liver. Apple cider vinegar help to revise and reduce cellulite.
4. Olive Oil
Olive oil does not contain much processed monosaturated fat, the properly functioning thyroid gland help to boost metabolism, it helps to burn fat and it also energizes skin building cell. Apple cider vinegar reduces fat cell expansion.
5. Cayenne Pepper and Chillies
Chillies and cayenne pepper helps to fortify vitamin B6 and it helps to strengthen the connective tissue. It has been found that hot pepper capsaicin boosts metabolism by 25 % for 3 hours. These foods help our body to get rid of fat effectively.
Good food and diet can work like a miracle for cellulite patients and relieve them of a bulky appearance and fatty skin. It is very essential to maintain proper nutrition along with proper exercise to have healthy & fit body.