Protein Rich Snack for All Ages
Protein is an important ant nutrient required at all stages of life. This recipe, Baked Paneer Cutlets, provides good quality protein and also satisfies taste buds of the entire family. As this is going to be baked, oil consumption is minimised and it becomes a guilt free snack!
Baked Paneer Cutlets
- Mashed Paneer – 250g
- Chopped green chillies – 4Nos.
- Coriander leaves – 1Tbsp (finely chopped)
- Pepper powder – ¾ tsp
- Corn flour – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – For brushing
- Salt – To taste
Method of Preparation
- Mix the paneer, green chillies, coriander leaves, salt and pepper powder.
- Mix well. Add the corn flour. Mix and shape into cutlet.
- Pre-heat the microwave in convection mode at 250C.
- Brush the cutlets with a little oil. Place on a lightly greased tray, placed on the grilling rack. Bake at 250C for 18 – 25 min. Turn the cutlets over half way through grilling time, and grill till golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from oven serve hot. This can be send as a school snack as well.
- This recipe provides Class 1 proteins and calcium, which inturn helps to build immunity and strengthen bones.
Uma Maheshwari PS
Dietitian, Happy Living Diet Clinic