TOP 10 TIPS ON BAD BREATH
Many people are suffering from bad breath which is also known as Halitosis. It is a common shameful problem of many people. The root cause of bad breath is the bacteria which grow inside our mouth.
Here are Ten Tips to keep away Bad Breath:
- Brushing Twice a Day: Brushing twice once early morning and other before going to bed prevents plaque and debris formation into the teeth and thus checks bacteria to grow and produce bad breath.
- Regular Flossing: Flossing prevents the food debris where the toothbrush can’t reach because bacteria will start growing into the debris and produce bad smell.
- Tongue Scraping: Our tongue forms a coat which is a place for bacteria to grow. A regular tongue scraping with a tongue scraper removes the bacteria from the taste buds and tongue and prevents bad breath.
- Use of Mouthwash: If a bad breath is caused by dental problems then only a mouthwash would reduce the odour. A good mouthwash gives extra protection from bacteria to grow. If a ready-made mouthwash is not available then one should make a solution of a drop of peppermint or clove oil with water and rinse the mouth with that solution.
- Regular Dental Check-Up: To sustain a good oral hygiene a regular dental check-up is a must for all. A dentist will also help to find out the cause of bad breath if it is due to the dental problem or the infections. If there is a dental problem, they will suggest the remedy or if the problem is otherwise, then they will refer to a physician for remedy.
- Avoid Tobacco and Smoking: Tobacco and Smoking both leaves a bad breath even after brushing and these also damage our gums and teeth so one must avoid these poisons.
- Keep the Mouth Moisten: Drink plenty of water daily for avoiding dryness of mouth and to flush away the food particles and the bacteria which produces a bad odour.
- Chew Sugarless candy or Chew gum: To combat dry mouth chew a sugarless gum or candy to produce enough saliva which keeps our mouth salivated and thus washes away the food particles and the bacteria which causes bad breath.
- Frequent Snack of Fruit and Veggies: A frequent fruit or veggies snacks improves our salvation between meals which helps to flush away the bacteria from the mouth which produces bad breath. An empty stomach also causes bad breath due to acid secretion. So Snacks also maintain PH balance and thus prevent bad breath.
- Avoid Extra Smelly Foods: Avoid onions and garlic’s and condensed milk & products as even after brushing these odours persist and produce an unpleasant odour.
Some other Home Remedies of Bad Breath:
- Fennel: It contains antimicrobial properties which fight the bacteria in the mouth and checks bad odour.
- Cinnamon: It contains an essential oil Cinnamic aldehyde which decreases the bacteria in our mouth and treats bad breath.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek tea is a good remedy when bad breath is a cause of nose infection.
- Cloves: It also contains antimicrobial properties which freshen our breath.
- Parsley: It contains chlorophyll which minimises bad breath.
- Lemon Juice: The sourness of lime prevents bacterial growth into the mouth and checks bad breath. The sucking process also produces saliva and keeps the mouth moistens.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: It maintains the good PH balance of the mouth and thus controls bacteria to grow and produce bad smell.
- Baking Soda: It maintains the acidic medium and fights with bacteria to grow and produce bad breath.
- Tea Tree Oil: It is a powerful disinfectant having antiseptic properties and helps to get rid of bad breath.
- Tea: All types of green, black or herbal tea contains an antioxidant, polyphenols which control bacterial growth and helps in removing bad breath.
Finally ,maintaining good oral hygiene is essential to combat from bad breath. It includes- regular brushing, flossing and tongue scraping. If trying all these remedies fail to solve bad breath problem then one should positively consult a dentist.