10 TIPS TO START DETOX DIET FROM TODAY ONWARD
Detox diet cleanses body and also our mind.
What is detox diet?
It is a period of fasting which is followed by a strict diet of fruits, raw vegetable, fruit juice and water. Some detox diet suggests other supplement and herbs which may lead to colon cleansing.
10 tips on detox diet
In the fast pace of life sometimes we get comfort from liquor. We also fill our self with junk food. Toxicity is the underline factor for various diseases. Tips of detox diets are
- Cut the calorie intake – Calorie intake should not be more than 1300- 1500 kcal per day. If calorie consumption is less than 1200 kcal, then body try to burn muscle instead of fat.
- Enhance liquid consumption – If the body is loaded with sufficient amount of liquid then it tries to flush out the system like kidney, lymph node, and colon, liver. Drink at least 8-9 glasses of water. Fluid consumption can be done in form of green tea, lemon tea, fruit juice, soup, buttermilk.
- Start the day with healthy breakfast – skipping breakfast can lead to binge eating. Good breakfast kick starts the best day. Breakfast should have high fibre, mineral, complex carbohydrate, mineral and lean meat like bean salad with yoghurt.
- Lighten up the meal- Main meal of the day should be light and nutritious. The main meal will be like roasted salmon with green sprouted salad.
- More green should be there in the diet – The diet consists of more green fruits and vegetables. Green smoothie in between the meal will be best tummy filler. Green vegetable like kale, spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum, bottle gourd, bitter gourd can be added. Fruits like green apple, grapes, guava, pears, and pineapple can be added to add natural fruit sugar in the diet.
- Cut dairy and refined food – Refined food like cheese, bakery item, refined flour, and butter. Instead of these add whole wheat flour, ragi bread, buttermilk, yoghurt.
- Healthy snacks – Healthy snacks can be added in between the meals like unsalted nuts, sprouts, roasted bean, and sesame, flax seeds.
- Exercise – not only eating but also burning energy and sweating cleanse the system. High-intensity exercise burns fat and through sweating toxic element within our body gets eliminated.
- A number of the meal- Number of the meal should be more than 8. The rate of the small frequent meal is better than large meals.
- Good fat – Instead of saturated fatty acid use monounsaturated fatty acid like olive oil, rice bran oil etc. For salad dressing opt lime juice, few spoons of olive oil instead of cream and mayonnaise
Pros of detox diet – Detoxification boosts our well-being and health. Cutting down bad foods rich in sugar and fat cleanse our entire system and upgrade our health to another level of awesomeness.
Cons of detox diet – Long use of detox diet can make us feel weak, there can a deficiency of energy and right minerals.
Detoxification diet rests our body for few days and fixes all our inner system.